Tuesday 1 April 2008

March Reading List

I'm not sure if I can give this list my usual attention today as I am in the midst of packing - throwing out clothes and suntan lotion in favour of books... Well, that's my plan! Just have to hope Mr B does not read this before I've finished!

  • The Book Thief - Markus Zusak. This one was my POTM read for March and you can see my review here!
  • Hubert Horatio Bartle Bobton-Trent - Lauren Child. A great book and brilliantly illustrated. I won this book at dovegreyreader's second birthday party and very privileged I was to be there too.
  • Barkbelly - Cat Weatherall.
  • Bath Tangle - Georgette Heyer.
  • Stamping Butterflies - John Courtenay Grimwood.
  • Lady of Quality - Georgette Heyer.
  • The Distance Between Us - Maggie O'Farrell.
  • Coraline - Neil Gaiman. I read this very, very carefully indeed as it's a limited edition Subterranean Press version that my lovely hubby bought me for Christmas. A great story and a beautiful book - can't wait for the film version to be finished!
  • Half Broken Things - Morag Joss.
  • The Grand Sophy - Georgette Heyer.
  • The Inferior - Peadar Ó Guilín. As confessed over at The Book Swede's this had been on my Pile o' Shame for too long. A great read and I'll be interested to see how the story develops in the sequel(s).
  • Love, Death, Washing Up, Etc: Joe Bennett Sorts It Out - Joe Bennett.
[Edit: Oh dear - looks like I forgot to post this before I left! I will finish it up when I get home]

2 comments:

StuckInABook said...

So many people have told me to read The Book Thief... one day, one day!

Peta said...

You must! I avoided it for ages but it's a great book and I can't recommend it enough.