Monday 4 February 2008

January Reading

Oh dear - a few days late but here's my list of books I finished reading in January. A very mixed bag and everything on it comes from the books-I-or-my-neice-got-for-Christmas pile. On which I have still not really made an impression. I don't suppose it helps that I've added a few more books too... Oh well. The first half of the month definitely reflects my need for easy reads - I had flu - and I think it might be time for some contemporary fiction!

  • Maggot Pie – Michael Lawrence. This was lent to me by my niece who thought I would enjoy it and she was right. I will be lend Killer Underpants as soon as she has finished reading it.
  • Jane Blonde: Sensational Spylet – Jill Marshall. This was also lent to me by my niece as she loves Jane Blonde. There are three more in the series and I look forward to seeing what Jane does next.
  • Deathstalker, Deathstalker Rebellion, Deathstalker War – Simon R Green. I got the Deathstalker books for Christmas and, as I had flu for the first two weeks of this year, a bit of space opera was just the ticket. Although I'd not finished the first part of the series at this point, I was forced to pause as I'm unable to trace a reasonably priced copy of Deathstalker Honour.
  • The Pure in Heart & The Risk of Darkness – Susan Hill. More Christmas books - I wanted to catch up on the rest of the Simon Serrailler books as I enjoyed reading the first one last year. I also enjoyed these! A nice change of pace from Space too.
  • Deryni Rising, Deryni Checkmate and High Deryni - Kathrine Kurtz. I bought these secondhand after reading about her on Pat's blog last year.
  • Deathstalker Destiny – Simon R Green. I finally gave up on finding a copy of Deathstalker Honour.
  • Inkheart – Cornelia Funke. See my write up below!

An odd month's reading. It'll be interesting to see what February brings.

No comments: