Tuesday 15 January 2008

Welcome!

I'd like to extend a very warm welcome to anyone who has popped in to visit me at The Bookling.

I feel a little bit as though I have opened up a brand new notebook and am writing on the very first page. I'm worried that I might smudge it so please imagine that I am using my favourite fountain pen, royal blue ink and my very best joined-up handwriting to write this post. Best foot forward and all.

I've been putting off scrawling this page for some time now. "I'll start in the new year", I thought to myself... Then it was "I'll do it when I'm feeling better" *cough* *sniff* *cough*. Today it was "I can't write a post until I have sorted out the header image". That's taken up the best part of this afternoon and I have had to finally force myself to stop tinkering with it. The image I used was scanned in from the magically illustrated City of Dreaming Books by Walter Moers and then vectorised and coloured in by me. Probably very illegal but fingers crossed that I will avoid prosecution. If anyone objects I will take it down, of course! It occurs to me that I'd better do a post about the book itself at some stage...

So. Why yet another blog? Ummm. I love reading, I love books and I love reading about books so hopefully I'll love writing about bookish things too. Right. Stopping procrastination now and posting this... Eek.

Link to City of Dreaming Books for the curious.

No comments: